Monday, February 2, 2009

Wikibook

I would like to add two new sections to the Wikibook of Basic writing- Spelling and Culture.

I have noticed that there is very little in regard to the teaching to Basic Writing to ESL students.

In the area of Spelling, I could add the spelling outline I have used at the English Language Institute for the last two semesters with comments on how the class was taught.

In the area of Culture, I could add how to define Culture and how a understanding of cultural differences and similarities can impact a classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely interested in your wikibook entry on spelling. I know very little about spelling pedagogy, and my own experience learning to spell as a child I remember as semi-painful memorization. I think all BW teachers should have an enlightened perspective on spelling/teaching spelling as so many students struggle with spelling issues.

    ReplyDelete