Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thinking of all the work I need to do!

The Hindu Bhagavad Gita says "what is work and what is not work are questions which perplex the wisest of men." Music great Bob Geldof stated "the purpose of life must be more than going to work, coming home, and going back. I don't believe the rich man, poor man dignity of labor. There is no more dignity in labor than in not working. I never felt ashamed to be out of work. I just felt broke." Booker T. Washington said "no race can prosper until it learns there is as much dignity tilling a field as in writing a poem." Jerome K. Jerome states "it's impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do." Finally, Henry W. Becker writes "work is not the curse but drudgery is."


As I write this I have to remind myself that work, for me, has always been ever changing. Change is good. It creates discomfort but is part of direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment